Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Working on the Library..



Hi everyone,
   I am working on the library again, so I thought I would show you one of my sculptures that will live in the Library.  I made her about 10 years ago and I still love her. I did a series of found object angels and mixed media collages around that time. It is a nice break from small jewelry pieces. All that glue and paint and crackle medium....colored pencils and ribbons and yarn....might have to start doing some more angels....maybe smaller...as beads or brooches!!!  Hhhmmmmm.....might be a bit tricky drawing the faces that tiny, but it would be worth a try....anyway....here are a couple of photos of "The Holy Roller". Look close and you will see all sorts of playing cards and dice, dominos and pennies...inside of her are bingo cards and money changers.  Gambling was coming into the Gulf Coast area when I made her and she was my comment on the times....hope you like her....have fun today, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment