Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekend Work




Hi everyone,
    I hope everyone is having a great Saturday...I had a nice day off yesterday. I spent the day with my youngest son, Morgan. We went to Borders and picked up some books to inspire us and then had dinner. I lucked out a Robert Danick's book was on the shelf, so I had to pick it up! Robert has a way of helping you think outside the box.... Now I have to start working on a article for Bead Unique.  I am going to be making a wedding ring, and I am going to work outside the box while designing it...I am thinking of using a fingerprint and wedding contracts and stones and maybe some writing. Now to get all of these to gel together!  While it is drying in between steps, I am going to play with more of the porcelain beads and the PMC. So, a fun day!! Thought I would throw in a photo too....just to give everyone some eye candy!  These are some photos of my studio....a small room off the main studio that I got after my son, Brandon, moved out!  
  Have a great weekend and don't forget to play!! Kelly

3 comments:

  1. The images on the wall are SO wonderful Kelly!!! Time to get all of my collection out of the sorting box and get them up too! Forget painting the studio - I'm going to smother the walls with flowers and images (much like my overgrown garden).

    You ROCK!!! Thanks for the beautiful images - I can see where your color and texture inspirations come from!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colorful explosion of flowers on your wall is fantastic!

    Isn't Robert Dancik's book a great source of information and inspiration? I took a work shop with him a little over a year ago while he was working on it. I have been patiently waiting for it's release ever since.

    Your work is Awesome and amazing as well! I am so happy to have found your blog. I was tipped off to you by Cynthia Tinapple of PCD fame. She does know how to find the best in polymer on the web.

    Thank you for sharing your fantastic artwork and work space.

    You can see some of my work and studio pic's here:
    http://redwoodcoastcreativearts.typepad.com/
    and here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirenaluna/

    Take care!
    LaLa

    ReplyDelete