Friday, July 31, 2009

More rain...




Hi everyone, 
   Today is another lovely rain day...makes me wish I still had a tin roof like we did in Mississippi! It always sounded great, even thunderstorms!  Today is a great day to play in the studio...I have been thinking of my assignment for the PMC workshop and I think I have an idea or two. Do you know how hard it is to make just ONE bead!  Crazy!  So, since I want to play and not write, this is going to be short but sweet!  Have fun playing and enjoy your weekend and I will show you some new stuff on Monday! Enjoy these in the meantime....

Our assignment this week has to do with color so I thought I would show you some of my beads that have color...the top bead has color on the tearaway background, the middle bead has color in the inlaid polymer background and also on the edge with glass beads imbedded into the embossed surface and the last bead has a colored inside background done with colored pencil.  Hope you like them, k

4 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog! Saw you have a new site. Have always loved your work. I am in MD too... It was great to watch the neighborhood disappear within sheets of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a peek from Cynthia Tinapple's Polymer clay Daily, and well worth a look! You have found your artistic voice and work your magic with polymer and metal clay with a delicate and imaginative courage. Be bold, then be even more bold - I can't wait to see more of your beautiful work! ~Such a pleasure from here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bounced over here from Polymer Clay Daily too and then saw Mississippi and that grabbed my attention. I'm from Mississippi, born and raised! And I live in a house with a tin roof -- oh excuse me, my brother (who builds metal buildings) says it is a fabricated metal roof -- but the sound is wonderful! I have a 12 foot wall on one slide of my studio sloping down to 8 feet at the outer wall. I had my brother leave it open all the way up to give my studio a more spacious feeling and the rain on metal is even more glorious there -- unless it's a thunderstorm, then you can't hear yourself think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in Waveland, down on the Coast, right where Katrina landed!!! I am so glad we moved from there before it happened! I saw photos of where my house used to be and all that was left were the steps going up to where the front door should be! I loved that little house...pink wood siding and a mint green door with a tin roof and huge live oaks, a block and a half from the beach! I now live in a ugly house in Surburbia!!! oh well, for a while, I had a house I loved!

    ReplyDelete