Friday, July 23, 2010

I can't believe it!




Hi everyone...
   I can't believe I just did that again!  I thought I was doing so good with the computer.....maybe I should stick to metal and polymer clay!  Anyway, I was going to show you what I have been up to before I pack it all up to go to Purdue and the PMC Conference.
    I have been good about cleaning the studio, so I thought I would reward myself and play with my DREAM Machine.....yeah!  To just sit down and actually play without having to make anything for anybody....just the best thing in the world!  I started by making some tearaways and then experimenting with the plates and some things I have had on my mind lately. I think they have possibilities! 
    The plates have been inlaid with a number of different things and then the BIG "jewel" is a tearaway that I hand colored and poured resin on and then embellished with copper foil. I think I may have to break down and get that electro-forming set up to do fun things to the tape. Easier than painting on the design.  I like doing experiments so I can see what works and what doesn't. I found out that I need to use a heavier hand with the color pencils so they don't disappear when the resin is poured onto the surface. And to maybe make the "jewels" a bit smaller...if I put this "jewel" into a necklace, that would be something else...not sure what.  Although, maybe a necklace of a bunch of huge jewels...that may work too....may have to try it out and see...sometimes you don't know until it is all sitting right there in front of you!  
    The other thing I have been working on is the display for the "Charms for Charity" bracelets and my demo for "surface techniques"....I am going to demo some fun techniques on all the metals ....bronze, copper and silver....(well, maybe not all the metals....not gold or steel or white bronze...). I hope to see you there....come say hi, travel safe, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment