Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years!!!!

Hi everyone,
Well, I am finally back! Hopefully you will forgive my absence. I have a good reason..and a doctor's note. I have been really tired and dizzy this past year and added to that is hearing my blood rush in my right ear(24/7) and boy, does that become annoying! Anyway, this fall I started getting really bad, constant headaches so I went in to the doctors and finally got a good one! With the military medical services, you have to hope the luck of the draw gets you a good doctor that you see more than once. Luck was with me as this doctor actually listened to what was ailing me. So, I went and got my blood taken and had a CAT scan done....mixed results...brain still there (mind may be gone!) and no extra bits inside the skull but the blood tests had more exciting results. Seems I almost gave myself a heart attack by having my iron and potassium so low. I was actually having spells of arrhythmia, which is when your heart actually stops working for a couple of beats and then starts up again. My low iron also explained my headaches and love of naps! I have been on my new meds for a month and a half now and now I don't have any headaches (unless I earn it) and I am sleeping better and have lots more energy! I even lost 20 pounds this fall for the simple fact I didn't do anything but sleep! So, getting squared away has made a huge difference in my outlook and I think my work will reflect that.
I have already started my first project of the year....it is a surprise....I will tell you when I am allowed to. I am thinking about doing RAW on Flickr....is anyone else doing this? I found out about RAD too late to do that and I think my naps would have gotten in the way! I think I could do the Ring A Week without too much trouble.
I am planning on making up a schedule for pieces I want to make just to get back into the swing of things. I have some experiments from this fall that I want to expand on and some new projects that I want to start....hopefully you will still be here to watch what I make. I will post some photos next time since I don't have any new ones to show....I did take some of the lunar eclipse but they aren't that great....so, please bear with me while I get my feet back on the ground.
I hope everyone had a great holiday season (you know what yours are) and will have a great New Year! Have fun in the studio and I will work on getting something done to show you all....Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Kelley, glad you are better; keep feeling strong and do share our new work, hugs, Joan T and L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan and Lana....I hope things are going well for you both....good luck at Tucson....are you driving down in the RV? Travel safe....Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new project sounds interesting! Glad that you are on medications that will help you feel better… It is amazing how your body wants to do funky things and how science can help out (if you get the right doctor that listens to you and gives a damn). Can't wait to see what you are up to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you haven't been feeling well but glad it is all under control now - Wishing you a healthy and happy New Year! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the new year I toast to you - Health and Happiness!
    Missed your blogging - glad you're back!
    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank everyone....I am glad you didn't give up on me!! I will be posting the photo of my first RAW tomorrow....would love to hear what you think....and a happy new year to you all! Kelly

    ReplyDelete